Friday, March 14, 2008

Trip into Seattle

Nick, Spencer and I spent all day Friday, between swim days, touring Seattle. This was my first time there. I was fascinated by the city...and a little freaked out. Big cities, people hanging out on the streets all day, ghetto looking buildings ready to crumble, funny smells and people shouting - I was constantly looking over my shoulder and holding tight to my purse, and Nick for that matter! Over all though, we were perfectly safe and had fun walking up and down Pike Place (the street fish market etc.) eating seafood, and collecting souvenir items.

This totem pole just happened to remind me of "FORKS" If only I had realized where it was on the map! I would have insisted that Nick drive us out there - simply for the nostalgia of having read the books!


Spencer gets plain old mush - we got delicious fish tacos!

You too can be a big pig! Check out the size of that doughnut!

Nick standing next to a painting of the worlds tallest man. And no we didn't pay the 50 cents to peek into the window and see his ACTUAL shoe.

4 comments:

karen said...

So what if that doughnut is making me super hungry? Congrats for doing so well in your races, Nick! And to think that last time somebody was chewing on your medal (in Oklahoma City), it was baby Ellison. Them thangs are good!

Kim said...

That looks like so much fun! Congrats to Nick for doing so well! You really need to stop by Cherry Creek one of these days so we can see each other! Spencer is just growing too fast!

Jenn said...

Wow! Does this mean I could see your husband in the Olympics??? When are the Olympic Trial? Congrats!

You were only a couple of hours away from us when you were in Seattle. When it is this rainy, I have to remind myself that the rain makes everything green. =) Looks like you guys had fun!

Unknown said...

Go Nick! The few swim meets that I have been to for Doug's cousin Tanner were way fun! I LOVE Seattle! How fun! I kept waiting to see a picture with Trevor...does Nick keep in touch with him? Where is he living?